Monday, January 3, 2011

Our December

Things have been great and very busy up here. Nico is almost crawling and Mir was happy to get back to school this morning after her winter break. We had lots of visitors and the house is a little too quiet for me this morning since everyone has left and Filipe is back to work.

Carl came up the first weekend in December, he wasn't here for very long but it was fun to have him come up and see Nico.

Nico LOVES to sit on the counter while I am in the kitchen cooking or doing dishes - he is getting very quick at grabbing stuff and dumped a whole box of cornstarch all over himself before I could stop him, he had a great time playing in it while I finished the cookies.
Every year the fire department drive a truck around the Island neighborhoods and play Christmas carols - we haven't ever seen them in years past but this year they came through our cul-de-sac. It was really cute, they stopped in front of the house and passed out candy canes - Nico thought the music and lights were awesome!
After the fire truck left & the rain let up for a while we bundled up and went for a walk through the neighborhood, we have a few Griswold houses around us. I love our house and the little neighborhood we live in.


Christmas morning was so much fun, we had Mir with us this year (her first Christmas not in Utah) and it was so nice. We played games on Christmas Eve, slept in on Christmas morning and spent the day in our PJ's. It was a great day.

Mir scored an IPod touch and clothes this year & Nico got lots of toys, including this push car from Pop-pop & Granny he loves to be pushed around on it - it even has a vanity plate that says Frk Sho on it:)

The Thursday after Christmas I spent the day looking out my front window waiting impatiently for our next visitors - my mom & dad came up with Lexie, Mikah & Kayd. They brought us up our Christmas present (a beautiful antique China cabinet my dad restored for me, I LOVE it and it looks so nice in the dining room).

Friday we bundled up and headed over to the city, thankfully they brought Nics this awesome monkey hat so he would be warm:

My mom got us some delicious crab at Pikes Market & we had a fabulous New Year's Eve dinner.

Saturday the boys had to help Filipe with a small project; to move the play set I got for Nico to the backyard - no problem that the thing was taller than our garage, in 3 huge and very heavy pieces and that they had to take down a section of our fence to do it. I love these guys so much, they would do anything for me and Nico will be so happy when it warms up & he is out there swinging!
I loved having everyone come to see us, we always have a blast when we get together. I loved watching them get to know Nico and showing them the new house. I didn't have to do any laundry or dishes the whole time they were here, they did everything for me. We cooked and ate really great food and had some pretty fierce rounds of Rummikub and Five Crowns - so much fun!!



I love you guys, thanks for everything - can't wait until next time!!!!