Monday, April 9, 2012

It's been a while!

I haven't posted anything new here for some time. I blame Filipe for this, he gave me a Kindle for Christmas and so now it is very rare that I am ever on the actual computer for anything - I love it! Nico is also partially to blame, anytime there is anyone on the computer he thinks he needs to help and tries to climb up to see what we need him to do.
We've had lots of stuff happening up here, Filipe has a new job, Mir got her driver's license and has already gotten her first accident behind her. Nico is growing way too fast, as is my belly!
These pictures are from a while ago, we had a big snowstorm move through in January - Mir and Filipe both ended up having 3 snow days and one of Mir's friends who lives off the island ended up staying with us because she couldn't get home. Nico loved the snow & it was fun to get out and play in it & it was even better when it was gone less than a week later!

Right after the snow (it was still on the ground when we left) we made an unplanned trip to Utah to see my dad. I told him next time he wants us to visit he doesn't have to be so dramatic about it and end up in ICU. It was great to be home with everyone for a few days and the best part was having the 3 little cousins together - they are at a crazy age and it made for a great time.

We were also lucky to be there when Kayd got his mission call, he is headed to the Czech Republic for 2 years in 38 days (according to his official countdown).



We had a great time in Utah, we were sad to leave but so glad that by the time we came home my dad was home and feeling better. It was scary to see him so sick, I don't know what we would do without him - he is the best and I just love him so much!
Mir had her first fancy dance in February - she looked gorgeous! It is hard to believe what a pretty lady she has grown into, I am a lucky mom.
Nico is quite the little guy - he is full of energy and if he is not watching Curious George (which he would do all day if we let him) he is usually making some sort of trouble. He loves his blocks, balls, trike and hammer. He loves to be with Filipe and thinks he is the world's greatest assistant when Filipe is trying to get anything done. He is becoming much better at telling us what he wants and is sure to let us know what he doesn't want.
He is a little quirky and can often be found wearing any sort of jacket, hat, glove, socks-on-hand combo that he is in the mood for & don't even try to take them off! One night he slept the entire night with socks on his hands, I tried to take them off twice but each time he woke up and wanted them to stay on!
He loves his sister and she is awesome to do things with him that I don't. Nico knows that if I say no to go find Nana & she will probably do it or at least do something just as great. She is a great help to me and can make Nico laugh like nobody else can.